Concierge Inspection Guarantee
As part of the Manheim Express Concierge’s Inspection service package, our team conducts a mechanical, cosmetic, and structural inspection on every vehicle listed on Manheim Express, conveying benefits to the buyer.
The Manheim Express Concierge Inspection Guarantee or Inspection Guarantee provides buyers with additional confidence because Manheim will stand behind its inspection related to cosmetic, mechanical, electrical accessory, and drivability condition issues. During the buyer’s arbitration window (Manheim Express, OVE, or Simulcast, as applicable), a buyer may exercise the Concierge Inspection Guarantee by filing a Concierge Inspection Guarantee claim (the “CIG Claim”) via the standard arbitration process. Valid CIG claims must be related to the items covered in the Concierge Inspection Report and follow Manheim Marketplace Policies. For vehicles sold with a sale price of $75,000 or higher, the per item dollar amount qualification threshold of 2% of the purchase is required to qualify for items outlined in the latest version of the NAAA Arbitration Policy and this Concierge Inspection Guarantee. Condition Reports displaying DTC codes are considered announcements and must be reviewed.
The Concierge Inspection Guarantee is a multi-channel guarantee that applies to vehicles with a Concierge Inspection Report and sold in the Manheim Marketplace (Manheim Express, OVE, and Simulcast sales channels) pursuant to the applicable terms and conditions of such sales channel, including, but not limited to, the Manheim Marketplace Policies, OVE Addendum, and NAAA Policy.
To file a CIG Claim, the buyer must be in possession of the vehicle before filing such CIG Claim, provided, however, that CIG Claim may be made for a vehicle not in the possession of the buyer only if such vehicle is still in the possession of Manheim or Seller because the vehicle was marked “operable” in the Concierge Inspection Report but was inoperable or unsafe to drive at the time buyer or its carrier attempted to pick-up the vehicle. Upon receipt of a CIG Claim, Manheim will respond to such CIG Claim, but if the buyer is not in possession of the vehicle at the time of the CIG Claim, the CIG Claim will be closed.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE CONCIERGE INSPECTION REPORT AND COVERED BY THE CONCIERGE INSPECTION GUARANTEE*:
Cosmetic (also included in the Manheim Digital Buyer Protection)
- Full exterior vehicle body (panels, bumpers, lights) assessment highlighting any damages including but not limited to previous repairs, dents, collision, hail damage, rust, missing parts and panels.
- Vehicle glass (windshield and windows).
- Tire tread depth reading.
- Full interior inspection of dashboard, upholstery, and seating areas.
- Vehicle climate control (factory equipped, A/C blows cold, etc).
- Infotainment/Navigation screen and back up camera.
- Prior paint work, both substandard and acceptable work will be disclosed.
- When equipped will inspect operation of sunroof, moonroof, and convertible tops.
- Undercarriage inspection.
- Operation of door handles and latches (hood, trunk, tailgate).
- Check for Tire tread depth reading, mismatched tires, and wheel damage.
- Structural and frame check including alterations.
- OBDII Diagnostic Trouble Codes and Description Capture on Condition Report.
- Multi point mechanical check under the hood and underneath the vehicle; checking engine condition for abnormal noises, active leaks, sludge, vibrations, and smoke.
- Vehicle suspension operation including aftermarket parts, alterations.
- Audio and video recording of the engine bay while the vehicle is running.
- Aftermarket suspension.
- Engine, exhaust, and emissions modifications and aftermarket parts.
- SRS check; dashboard lights, codes, seat belts, and airbags.
- Active oil and/or fluids leaks under the hoods and beneath the vehicle.
- Engagement of the forward and reverse gear.
- Integrated with Autocheck for odometer reading, accident history detail, and vehicle history events.
*The Concierge Inspection Guarantee covers only inspection items as listed on Concierge Inspection Report.
Not included in the Concierge Inspection report or eligible for coverage under the Concierge Inspection Guarantee:
- Further disclosures and/or units marked “AS-IS” for vehicle issues relating to items outside the inspected items or items specifically denoted as "Not Specified". See link for further information.
- Changes to vehicle condition following the inspection (e.g., becomes inoperable, transportation and lot damage that occurs after our inspection) as determined by arbitrator.
- Vehicles that are inoperable and unsafe to drive at the time of inspection will be noted as such in the vehicle listing and will be excluded from coverage for claims related to mechanical issues.
- See Ineligible Vehicle List Below.
Ineligible Vehicle List:
|Exotic and/or handmade vehicles (including but not limited to):
- Vehicle Models that average an annual production rate at or below 4,000 vehicles within the three most recently completed production years.
- Kit vehicles
- Homemade vehicles
- Heavy Duty Trucks & Heavy Equipment categorized in Class A and B with Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of 26,000 pounds or heavier.
|NSX; PMC edition; Type S
|Quadrifoglio; 4C; 8C
|R8; RS; SQ; Avant
|Alpina; M models
|Viper; Demon; Hellcat; SRT8
|GT350; GT 500; Raptor; Focus RS; Shelby F150; Roush; Shelby; Cobra; GT
|IS-F; RCF; GSF
|Levante; Quattriporte; GranTurismo; MC 20
|Maybach Models; G wagon; AMG
|John Cooper Works; GP
|WRX; WRX STI